power brake booster filter

arkus

is there a readily available replacement ? looks like a dorman #80195 would maybe work but NO-ONE has them. the gm cars and chrysler cars used a filter; and a number of varieties are listed but have no clue as to differences between and how much difference it would make, one to the other. it appears to be a simple "particle" filter. any opinions appreciated.

11 hours ago, arkus said:

is there a readily available replacement ? looks like a dorman #80195 would maybe work but NO-ONE has them. the gm cars and chrysler cars used a filter; and a number of varieties are listed but have no clue as to differences between and how much difference it would make, one to the other. it appears to be a simple "particle" filter. any opinions appreciated.

I replaced that filter on my '83 Avanti 'everyday driver' last summer.....Purchased it off the shelf at my local Auto Zone.....I asked for one to fit an '83 Monte Carlo 305. (as I do for many engine related items)

I believe this part also eliminates the possibility of damaging the power brake booster in the event of an engine backfire through the carb.........Ed:)

unfortunately that car and many others crosses to the dorman #80195, which for some reason has become nla from every source i tried.