SDC forum hacked?

64studeavanti

18 minutes ago, 64studeavanti said:

When I go to the SDC forum, I get what looks like Chinese. This started early in the morning. Has the site been hacked? Is the webmaster aware?

Update: I sent email to the SDC forum webmaster.

Yes, the SDC Forum was hacked.  They were aware.  It has been corrected.  I was just on the site and participated. 

The Studebaker Drivers Club Forum will always be in disarray as long as the current forum administrator holds the job.....He's truly not up to it!!

Take my advice and never ask about his annual administrator salary.... That's a secret!......He will no doubt ban you, as he tried to ban me.....however, I told him off, and quit the SDC Forum before he could unilaterally do that deed.

I also left the Studebaker Drivers Club over this depressing forum situation......and won't return until that person is removed as forum administrator.

Edited by mfg

How much is he getting paid?

It is not his fault that people hack the site.

I have been happy with the site and understand that occasionally there will be outages because of some asshole hacked the site.   Grin and bear it!!

15 hours ago, rbk said:

How much is he getting paid?

It is not his fault that people hack the site.

How much?.....you would need to ask him that......(Good luck!!)

And I understand the 'hacking' wasn't caused by him....however, it's the latest in a series of problems that occur when a person has been 'in the seat' too long! (new SDC Forum format....ugh!)

Term limits would certainly be the cure for a poor administrator.

I'm not the only one that feels like this....have you noticed how many very familiar 'names' on that forum you don't see anymore?..........There's a good reason!;)

Edited by mfg
Spelling

I believe that the position that you are referring to is a volunteer job (no pay).  However, there is another position, held by someone else, relative to the SDC web site that receives a small amount of pay.  I do not have a problem with either gentleman, so I will not be looking into it any further.   

I also do not know why we are discussing the SDC site on the AOAI site.

3 hours ago, studegary said:

I believe that the position that you are referring to is a volunteer job (no pay)  

I also do not know why we are discussing the SDC site on the AOAI site.

The SDC Forum administrator job is indeed a paid position (well paid!). However, I'm not surprised you didn't know that.......It's not easy getting information out of that guy!

And we're discussing the SDC site here because the title of this thread is........... "SDC forum Hacked?"

Edited by mfg
Typo

On 8/15/2020 at 11:10 AM, studegary said:

I believe that the position that you are referring to is a volunteer job (no pay).  However, there is another position, held by someone else, relative to the SDC web site that receives a small amount of pay.  

I

Gary, the two SDC management positions, (controlling the SDC Forum), are........ 1) the SDC Webmaster...and... 2) the SDC Forum Administrator........I'm referring to the guy in the forum administrator position here.......Time for him to go:rolleyes:!

7 hours ago, mfg said:

Gary, the two SDC management positions, (controlling the SDC Forum), are........ 1) the SDC Webmaster...and... 2) the SDC Forum Administrator........I'm referring to the guy in the forum administrator position here.......Time for him to go:rolleyes:!

That is who I thought that you meant.  Are you going to volunteer to take on the job?

5 hours ago, studegary said:

Are you going to volunteer to take on the job?

I'd take that job in a heartbeat....at NO CHARGE to the SDC......'IF' the job will be shared by one (or preferably two) other people.....That way no one person can unilaterally dictate policy...or show favoritism to certain Studebaker Forum participants.....And if some kind of financial stipend is mandatory, I'd want it displayed IN PRINT for anyone interested to see.

Also, I'd want an SDC Forum administrator TERM LIMIT set of no more than two years......Ed:)

As of July 2020, these are the contracted positions in the SDC.

Quote: [Currently the following contractor positions serve the Club: 1. Membership Secretary 2. Forum Administrator 3. Turning Wheels Editor 4. Turning Wheels Ad Editor 5. Webmaster 6. Printer 7. What’s Happening Editor]

The webmaster/Forum Administrator may/can suggest action but it is not unilateral and is/was approved at higher levels. '(My quote.)

It's not important to this forum what has/will happen to the SDC forums membership which, I'll submit had nothing to do with the hacking, so lets put our personal opinions aside and get on with what makes this forum a positive.

Let's let those days disappear in the rear view mirror as there's plenty of dirty laundry to go around.

I pay dues on both sites and will continue to do so as I see it as well spent money to forward these unique vehicles into the future. 

1 hour ago, Avanti83 said:

The webmaster/Forum Administrator may/can suggest action but it is not unilateral and is/was approved at higher levels. '(My quote.)

It's not important to this forum what has/will happen to the SDC forums membership which, I'll submit had nothing to do with the hacking, so lets put our personal opinions aside and get on with what makes this forum a positive.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion Bob....as I'm entitled to mine.....However, you're not correct when you state the SDC Forum administrator does not make unilateral decisions.....MANY former SDC Forum participants, myself included, have quit that forum for exactly that reason.

I agree with you that the AOAI Forum probably isn't the best place to discuss this, but since the two clubs (AOAI-SDC) are so closely intertwined, when I saw this thread I felt I had to add my thoughts.....There's problems on the SDC Forum that need addressing....beginning with the administrator!

I guess I'm the voice for folks that have no voice;).......and I have nothing further to add, other than I am ready to assume the SDC Forum administrator job if called upon (as I explained in my last post)........Ed.:)

I'd like to thank the people who have sent me favorable personal e-mails on this subject.........these are from some SDC forum members who haven't joined the AOAI Forum.....Yet!!! :o  :D