"Operation Avanti Airlift" Tribute is a go!...

Gunslinger

I've heard from the Hagerstown Aviation Museum and it's a go to have a tribute to the original Avanti Airlift! It will be held Saturday, June 28, 2014...the day before the Dover International meet starts. The Museum's C-82 will be made available for a photo shoot with our Avantis.

There's still some details to be worked out, and I'll let everyone know as things progress.

I sent them scans of photos of the original airlift and they plan on incorporating them in a C-82 exhibit. A little bit of an extra bonus for the Avanti.

The Hagerstown Regional Airport...the home of the museum and its C-82, is within a couple of miles from the intersection I-70 and I-81. Anyone coming east to Dover may well be passing through there and that makes it ideally located for such an event. It's about a three hour drive from Hagerstown to Dover.

Anyone who would like to participate please let me know so I can maintain a roster and have a better idea as time gets closer to the event. Any questions, please either ask here or send me a PM.

Hope we make this a major Avanti event...we may be able to get some good media coverage. We'll certainly try for that.

Hey gunslinger, keep me on your intent to go list. We had spoken years ago, I had a 73 Avanti II that was involved in a transport accident; later sold to a great guy in Fl who is still driving with smiles. I have a 64R2 that has undergone another (4th) restoration after Superstorm Sandy.

Recently I bought a 63 Gran Tursimo Hawk from a club member who is a young 93!!!

So, thanks and hope to finally meet up.

Mark

Edited by MARK

I'm putting the event on my calendar. I now have to decide which Avanti (the 76 or 89 convertible) to bring east from Chicago. I haven't thought about when I'd be getting to Dover, except I have reservations starting Sunday night. Pencil me in for it.