Egbert Ouster!

mfg

Sherwood Egbert was removed as president of Studebaker Corporation by a vote of the company board of directors in New York. (simple majority).....By board vote, Egbert lost his job by .....?...... votes.

1) One....2) Two.....3) Four.....or....4) Six

4 minutes ago, mfg said:

Sherwood Egbert was removed as president of Studebaker Corporation by a vote of the company board of directors in New York. (simple majority).....By board vote, Egbert lost his job by .....?...... votes.

1) One....2) Two.....3) Four.....or....4) Six

I thought that Egbert took a medical leave of absence and then shortly later resigned as President of Studebaker.  

Just now, studegary said:

I thought that Egbert took a medical leave of absence and then shortly later resigned as President of Studebaker.  

Well, that's a NICE way of saying it!!;)....(Of course, the man was ill though.)

It was probably a mere formality as Egbert agreed to a buyout for his resignation. So my guess is all directors voted "aye" to accept. And my guess is all directors voted Byers Burlingame in as new President & CEO on that fateful day in November 1963.

Edited by Desert Driver

10 hours ago, Desert Driver said:

It was probably a mere formality as Egbert agreed to a buyout for his resignation. So my guess is all directors voted "aye" to accept. And my guess is all directors voted Byers Burlingame in as new President & CEO on that fateful day in November 1963.

Good thoughts...however, the vote was not unanimous....Any other guesses here?:huh:

11 hours ago, Desert Driver said:

Soooooo, what was the vote to accept Egbert's resignation? And did he get to keep his air conditioned R2?? 

Mr. Egbert lost his job by ONE vote!:o

I've often wondered that IF the board wasn't set on getting out of automobiles, and IF the 'job' vote went Egbert's way,......would he have soldiered on trying to improve Studebaker's automotive position? (even though he was quite ill at the time).....We'll never know!:(

On 8/1/2020 at 6:02 AM, mfg said:

Mr. Egbert lost his job by ONE vote!:o

I am now in possession of the minutes of the Board meeting on 11/22/63, and they tell a different story.

The vote to accept Sherwood Egbert's resignation was unanimous (5-0). Documentation indicates there were significant differences between Egbert and the Board. At the same meeting, Byers Burlingame was elected President and CEO by unanimous approval.

1 hour ago, Desert Driver said:

I am now in possession of the minutes of the Board meeting on 11/22/63, and they tell a different story.

The vote to accept Sherwood Egbert's resignation was unanimous (5-0). Documentation indicates there were significant differences between Egbert and the Board. At the same meeting, Byers Burlingame was elected President and CEO by unanimous approval.

Interesting!....and as you have the actual minutes from that meeting, I'd say that your information 'trumps' (I hate to use that word!) mine.....Thanks!:D