lionel stone studebaker

chip

I've never ordered from Mr. Stone but I've learned that each vendor seems to be better for certain items than others. I had a nightmare problem with the rear window gasket, SASCO finally came up with one that fit. Same vendor that supplied the bad gasket has provided me with other excellent items.

im wantin to restore my 63 r2 but i dont know who to trust . stone has good prices but im new to this whole web thing. <_< help.ps thanks gunslinger

Wow .. if you know how to get hold of Stone by the web, please let me know! I

have been trying to call the guy for a while and its always a machine. I want to

see if he will trade a good Hawk fender for a set of those headers he sells.

I agree that different vendors are good for different things, thats also true for the

local parts stores. It all depends.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
Wow .. if you know how to get hold of Stone by the web, please let me know! I

have been trying to call the guy for a while and its always a machine.  I want to

see if he will trade a good Hawk fender for a set of those headers he sells.

I agree that different vendors are good for different things, thats also true for the

local parts stores.  It all depends.

Tom

Chip: My experience has been that you have to be real careful with ANY of the vendors. In my humble opinion none of them view the cars as we do as a "hobby"--they are all in it to "make a buck". I've had shoddy work done, inconsiderate responses to the concerns I've voiced, poor applicability of the cross-over (from other marques) parts used, and in general an attitude of "its an orphaned make--so what can you expect". My experience with Lionel Stone is that he immediately took back a part I wasn't happy with and for this I commend him. Not all, however, fit the above view that they are "all in it to make a buck"--that is too harsh a view. Ted Harbit (for one) is a true hobbyist and rates top marks in my book. And I certainly haven't had experience with them all. But there are some I would not do business with and feel as though it would be nice to be able to list them. So I would use Lionel before some others I could name.

"Auggie"