Avanti Owners!

mfg

Which of the following well -known personalities has never owned an Avanti automobile?

1) Joyce Brothers ......2) Ricky Nelson.....3) Alice Cooper.....or....4) Neil Young

18 minutes ago, mfg said:

Which of the following well -known personalities has never owned an Avanti automobile?

1) Joyce Brothers ......2) Ricky Nelson.....3) Alice Cooper.....or....4) Neil Young

I will say 4) Neil Young.  I almost bought Barbara Walters' Avanti (not on your list).

5 minutes ago, studegary said:

I will say 4) Neil Young.  I almost bought Barbara Walters' Avanti (not on your list).

Sorry no:(,...... Neil Young indeed owns/owned a Studebaker Avanti!

25 minutes ago, mfg said:

Sorry no:(,...... Neil Young indeed owns/owned a Studebaker Avanti!

I thought that the other three were owners, but I am more sure of 2 & 3, so I will say 1) Joyce Brothers.

9 minutes ago, studegary said:

I thought that the other three were owners, but I am more sure of 2 & 3, so I will say 1) Joyce Brothers.

Nope!:(...........Dr. Joyce Brothers owned a white, mid 70's, Avanti ll!:)

Rick Nelson owned two Avantis over time...you say both Neil Young and Joyce Brothers either do or did own Avantis...Alice Cooper has owned at least two Avantis...that's all four possibilities.  Is there a fifth possibility or was this a trick question?  

22 minutes ago, Gunslinger said:

Rick Nelson owned two Avantis over time...you say both Neil Young and Joyce Brothers either do or did own Avantis...Alice Cooper has owned at least two Avantis...that's all four possibilities.  Is there a fifth possibility or was this a trick question?  

I think that it may be a trick question.  Perhaps the Avanti was owned by a company/record label/etc. and not the individual.

57 minutes ago, studegary said:

I think that it may be a trick question.  Perhaps the Avanti was owned by a company/record label/etc. and not the individual.

Gary 'NAILED' it!!:D

1 hour ago, Gunslinger said:

err.....I believe you mean Rick DROVE two Avantis!;)

Rick did own an early Avanti if not owned two...that still doesn't get an answer to the question as all listed above did own Avantis.  Trick question or a mistaken question?

57 minutes ago, Gunslinger said:

Rick did own an early Avanti if not owned two...that still doesn't get an answer to the question as all listed above did own Avantis.  Trick question or a mistaken question?

Hilliard Music Corp. owned Rick's Studebaker Avantis.....a sound financial move at tax time if one is in a position to do this!:)

Once again, I think you meant that Rick DROVE two Avantis!;)

Speaking of driving Avantis, I think I'll take my '63 R2 out for a run before it gets TOO hot today!!....Vacation week!!!:D

Edited by mfg
Text

Did Vincent Furnier (Alice Cooper) own his Avantis under which name or did his music business own them?  He's a conservative Republican so I would imagine he uses the same trick by having cars as a business expense.  The same goes for Joyce Brothers and Neil Young...their business managers may well have had their clients do the same for tax purposes.

Just askin'.

Just now, Gunslinger said:

Did Vincent Furnier (Alice Cooper) own his Avantis under which name or did his music business own them?  He's a conservative Republican so I would imagine he uses the same trick by having cars as a business expense.  The same goes for Joyce Brothers and Neil Young...their business managers may well have had their clients do the same for tax purposes.

Just askin'.

I  haven't the slightest....however, that's a good question and quite possible!.....In other words, possibly NONE of the personalities mentioned in this trivia question actually owned Avantis!!:o

3 hours ago, mfg said:

I  haven't the slightest....however, that's a good question and quite possible!.....In other words, possibly NONE of the personalities mentioned in this trivia question actually owned Avantis!!:o

However, if the record/management companies that owned the Avantis were themselves owned by the celebrities, then the celebrities owned the Avantis.

10 hours ago, studegary said:

However, if the record/management companies that owned the Avantis were themselves owned by the celebrities, then the celebrities owned the Avantis.

To sum this discussion up........ only their accountants know for sure!!:o :D

10 hours ago, studegary said:

Very good point.  My dad owned two businesses and we had two cars...each owned by a separate business for tax reasons.  He owned both businesses so the cars belonged to him...but the cars were each titled to the respective businesses.  So maybe it's arguable but it's a very fine point...a distinction without a difference.

1 minute ago, Gunslinger said:

Very good point.  My dad owned two businesses and we had two cars...each owned by a separate business for tax reasons.  He owned both businesses so the cars belonged to him...but the cars were each titled to the respective businesses.  So maybe it's arguable but it's a very fine point...a distinction without a difference.

These 'fine points' keep it all interesting!!:D.....Well, now I'm going to take my '55 Speedster out for a run....The temp around here is due to reach 95' (plus humidity) in a couple hours!...Ed

1 hour ago, mfg said:

These 'fine points' keep it all interesting!!:D.....Well, now I'm going to take my '55 Speedster out for a run....The temp around here is due to reach 95' (plus humidity) in a couple hours!...Ed

Sounds the same as the weather here.  I wouldn't take a black (IIRC), non-A/C, K body, V8, car "for a run" until at least the sun went down. 

1 hour ago, studegary said:

Sounds the same as the weather here.  I wouldn't take a black (IIRC), non-A/C, K body, V8, car "for a run" until at least the sun went down. 

You're absolutely right about that Gary!....I didn't stay 'out there' too long....just a stop at the local gas station for ten bucks worth, and then a cruise down 495 a few exits and then return.

Trouble is, with all the summer car events cancelled this season, the 'Doctor's Car' sits around WAY too much.....That's simply no good for it!....Stay Cool!....Ed:)

Edited by mfg