Water pump and transmission cruise control transducer

Stuart Boblett

Does anyone have a  Delco part number for the water pump on an 82 Avanti 305? I also am needing a cruise control "transducer"  that is on the side of the overdrive transmission? These would be of great assistance.

Thanks,

Stuart Boblett

Does your engine have a serpentine belt or standard V-belts?  A serpentine belt requires a reverse flow water pump.  There's also short nose and long nose water pumps.  The water pump on your engine should have a casting number on it.  Copy that and see if it can be matched that way.

As far as the transducer...you need to know what brand cruise control is on the car...Avanti Motors may not have used the GM system but an aftermarket unit.  

1 hour ago, Stuart Boblett said:

Does anyone have a  Delco part number for the water pump on an 82 Avanti 305? I also am needing a cruise control "transducer"  that is on the side of the overdrive transmission? These would be of great assistance.

Thanks,

Stuart Boblett

Not exactly what you asked, but if your '82 Avanti needs a water pump, then go to an Auto Zone, Pep Boys, etc., and ask for a water pump for an '83-'84 Chevy Monte Carlo 305....That should fit your car perfectly!:)

51 minutes ago, mfg said:

Not exactly what you asked, but if your '82 Avanti needs a water pump, then go to an Auto Zone, Pep Boys, etc., and ask for a water pump for an '83-'84 Chevy Monte Carlo 305....That should fit your car perfectly!:)

Perfect, that is what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch.

26 minutes ago, silverstude said:

Here's the manual for a Dana Cruise unit/  Might help...

https://studebaker-info.org/Tech/CruiseC/ESC/ESC.html

I think mine is a Dana but will check. I do not see reference to  a part for this that plugs into the side of the transmission that the speedometer cable connects to and has wires coming off. Maybe what I have on the transmission is not related to the Cruise Control. Any ideas anyone?