Avanti Change!

mfg

After Steven Blake purchased the Avanti Motor Corporation, the FIRST thing he changed on the car was the......?......

1) Outside mirrors......2) Front seats........3) Nameplate......or.......4) Tires

24 minutes ago, VtMike said:

Well, it seems obvious that # 3 would have been a very early change, but I sense that answer is too obvious . . . so will take a really wild guess and say #1.

Sorry, outside mirrors are not correct:(, however, you are correct thinking 'nameplate' is to obvious!

So, is it #2 or #4??:huh:

4 hours ago, mfg said:

After Steven Blake purchased the Avanti Motor Corporation, the FIRST thing he changed on the car was the......?......

1) Outside mirrors......2) Front seats........3) Nameplate......or.......4) Tires

i don't think that it was the first thing, but early on he dropped the II from Avanti.  EDIT: answer 3  

Edited by studegary

While advertising is usually full of hyperbole, Goodyear, in this ad, claimed the first thing Steve Blake changed was the tires.  The ad also shows the "II" already dropped from the Avanti name...so it begs the "chicken and the egg" type of question.  

25803627885_b3efa07d9f.jpg

Edited by Gunslinger

That is such a cool Goodyear ad! Don't think I have seen that before. The Avanti in the pic is just perfect in my opinion - color, wheels, tires, and especially the stance! :)

9 hours ago, Gunslinger said:

While advertising is usually full of hyperbole, Goodyear, in this ad, claimed the first thing Steve Blake changed was the tires.  The ad also shows the "II" already dropped from the Avanti name...so it begs the "chicken and the egg" type of question.  

25803627885_b3efa07d9f.jpg

And this ad is where the question came from!,,,,#4,'Tires'  is the answer....WELL DONE!:)

When I bought my R2 back in 2013 it came with the tires that were installed when it was rebuilt back in 1985: Goodyear Eagle GT's. The date code was only 3 numbers but definitely manufactured in 1985. I guess the rebuilder decided Blake had the right idea. BTW, I drove the car home, almost 800 miles, on those 28 year old tires and even had it up above triple digit speeds for a short burst or two but reason finally set in and I swapped them for a set of modern Mickey Thompson street sport tires.