Want to buy '63 gpld R2 4-speed

KThornton

2 hours ago, KThornton said:

Looking to purchase gold '63 R2 4-speed, very good to excellent condition

I do not know how many were built, let alone how many are still in existence and available for sale.  I know, there only needs to be one.  Good luck on your quest.  

This car and its value left with her husband's passing.  Rather than putting you and us on the hook for guessing a value of a car which which none of us have first hand driving evaluations, suggest she have it cleaned, up ask an Avanti expert to write the description, ending with "running when parked six years ago", list it on Bring-a-Trailer or eBay, take whatever the market offers.  Sometimes it will go to OZ or Europe for more than it would bring from the CASOs here in the states.

jack vines

1 hour ago, PackardV8 said:

This car and its value left with her husband's passing.  Rather than putting you and us on the hook for guessing a value of a car which which none of us have first hand driving evaluations, suggest she have it cleaned, up ask an Avanti expert to write the description, ending with "running when parked six years ago", list it on Bring-a-Trailer or eBay, take whatever the market offers.  Sometimes it will go to OZ or Europe for more than it would bring from the CASOs here in the states.

jack vines

I agree with Jack (a variation on what I had posted).  There are MANY SDC and AOAI members in New York state.  If it is near to me, I will offer to look at it.  If not near to me, I may be able to recommend someone else that knows collector cars and Avanti in particular.  I have owned three Avantis and worked on many.  I am thinking that it is an Avanti that is or was in the Hyde Park/Poughkeepsie area.  

Edited by studegary

I'd suggest that if you purchase this Studebaker Avanti and then decide to fire up the engine right away, first remove the supercharger drive belts, and deal with supercharger (cleaning, internal inspection) as a separate issue.

The R2 four-speed Stude Avantis are getting quite collectable (and valuable).....Good luck!.....Ed