Avanti Mirror!

mfg

12 minutes ago, mfg said:

For the Studebaker Avanti, there never was a specific 'factory' location for installation of the AC-3310 exterior mirror.........True?

I guess that this could be True because of your use of the word "a".  I believe that the exterior mirror could be placed on the door or the fender, so these would be factory locations, but not a factory location.

1 hour ago, studegary said:

I guess that this could be True because of your use of the word "a".  I believe that the exterior mirror could be placed on the door or the fender, so these would be factory locations, but not a factory location.

Sorry, true is incorrect!:(.....Studebaker actually issued two different templates....one for fender mounting, and one for door mounting!

49 minutes ago, mfg said:

Sorry, true is incorrect!:(.....Studebaker actually issued two different templates....one for fender mounting, and one for door mounting!

Yes, I agree with that.  That is why I said true.  Your initial statement included; "...a specific 'factory' location...".  Your use of a makes it singular, when in fact there were two locations, as I stated.   

2 hours ago, studegary said:

Yes, I agree with that.  That is why I said true.  Your initial statement included; "...a specific 'factory' location...".  Your use of a makes it singular, when in fact there were two locations, as I stated.   

Good try Gary:),  however, regardless whether the installer uses the fender or the door location,....the fact is Studebaker furnished an installation template (which was packed inside the AC-3310 mirror box) which 'nails down' an EXACT location on the body of the car.

Once again, your initial answer of true is INCORRECT!:(

15 minutes ago, mfg said:

Good try Gary:),  however, regardless whether the installer uses the fender or the door location,....the fact is Studebaker furnished an installation template (which was packed inside the AC-3310 mirror box) which 'nails down' an EXACT location on the body of the car.

Once again, your initial answer of true is INCORRECT!:(

NO, it does not "...'nail down' an EXACT location..."  It nails down two locations.

1 hour ago, studegary said:

NO, it does not "...'nail down' an EXACT location..."  It nails down two locations.

Whatever you say Gary!;)

Edited by mfg
Trying to be understanding.

2 hours ago, mfg said:

Whatever you say Gary!;)

I know that you want to have the last word, but what happened here is your confusion of singular and plural tenses (has happened in the past).  

4 hours ago, studegary said:

I know that you want to have the last word, but what happened here is your confusion of singular and plural tenses (has happened in the past).  

Frankly Gary my friend, I believe that you, once again, are 'SWINGING AFTER THE BELL'!:o :D

Edited by mfg
Trying to be understanding!