Avanti II Seats

forward

It's time to replace my wore out seats in my 1979 Avanti. Does anyone know what seats will work, i.e., Camaro, Firebird, PT Cruiser etc. Year, make, model will help me. All new recover needs to be done so color not important. Thank You, Jim A

What's worn out with your seats? Are they mechanically worn out or simply in need of new upholstery? A good upholstery shop can install new foam padding and new covering for you.

If your car has the "Command Center" seats like my car did, they suck to begin with...no better way of stating it. I purchased a set of Recaros from an Avanti being parted out and had them covered to match my car's interior. I did have to buy sliders and mounts from Wedge Engineering who made them for Recaro.

Another way to go...and I may have done this if I was aware of it at the time...is get seats from Procar which are sold through Summit Racing and other vendors. You can have them recovered to match and Procar lists Avantis in their application guide for mounting brackets. That's much easier than trying to adapt seats from some other make to your car.