Clutch and brake pedals for 1984

The clutch petals are one issue but you will also need to know what T-56 you will be using as you can use an LT-1 or LS-1 sourced T-56 and the fact that you have a two piece rear seal and the T-56's are all for one-piece rear seal crankshafts. They are a different bolt pattern on the crankshaft so you will need to mix/match some parts. They are all widely available but you need the correct ones for it to work and fit. You will also need to go hydraulic on the clutch pedal.

Google T-56 to F-body conversion and be prepared to do some reading. What you learn will make you a smarter buyer.

If it's been done to your year/engine before then buying the parts can be the best solution but I'd still recommend you read up on the topic before you spend money.

My 74 has a 383 SBC two-piece seal crankshaft engine mounted to a 1996 LT-1 F-body T-56. Luckily it started as a 4-speed car so I had the pedals but it's now hydraulically actuated. The LT-1 setup requires a special flywheel to fit the two-piece crank bolt pattern but then everything bolts up. I also had to fab a new cross-member and clutch cylinder mounting set up. I don't know about your drive shaft but with the 700R4 it may be the correct length.

The LS-1 T-56 is a different animal but it will bolt up but not without a lot of knowledge.

If you want pictures go to the SDC forum and search sweetolbob and look for the T-56 topics I started. That will show you what is involved.

Bob

Edited by Avanti83

My engine is out of a '89 FI corvette and has a one piece seal , tranny is from '96 firebird...I have the complete set-up..including hydralic parts, flywheel , etc but the brake pedal set up on my'84 is different from the one that I had in my 63 R2..which was a 4speed car..I will fab a pedal set up if I have to..but it would be nice if there is a 'bolt in' alternative..If anyone out there knows the location of 63R 2089 (my old '63) I would be interested..It had a 327 chev with rochester FI after the r2's oil pan had an encounter with a large rock back in 1965.. Thank you Bob for your info..will try to navigate the one eyed monster to the forum..I'm still a 2-finger computer guy..

John

That makes it much easier.

Consider using the 93-97 GM OEM complete clutch hydraulic assembly that comes complete with fluid installed. I believe I purchased mine at partsgeeks for $108. Ratio to travel is important here.

In any case, you'll need to connect and mount the main cylinder. As you know the clutch is actuated by pulling even though the cylinder pushes.

It should be possible to do it with a mechanical linkage but it would be a lot of fabrication also.

Avanti generally used parts that were issued by another MFG so Myers or Nostalgic may have them or know their source as you have said they don't look 63/64. I have found looking on Ebay for parts will generally bring up what I need by looking at the pictures, if the other sources don't pan out.

This is a shot of the 74 assembly for your comparison. Both brake and clutch pivot on the same pin that is welded to the clutch and is then pushed through the bracket and brake pedal to complete the assembly. If your 84 is similiar then it might be as simple as making up or finding the clutch pedal and replacing the pivot pin with the clutch pedal. I used a bracket bolted to the clutch pedal to mount the rod to the clutch master cylinder.

<a  data-cke-saved-href=100_1067_zps2c655296.jpg

Bob

Edited by Avanti83