Rear Ceiling Lights

Stormy

My rear ceiling lights in my 1963 made R1 do not operate with their individual switches.  

1] When should the light switches operate the ceiling lights.  Does the ignition have to be on ?  Doors open ?  Or ??

2] Of course, my problem could be bulbs, or the switches themselves.   How does one remove the lenses to get at the interior of the light ?

Also, how is the bezel removed ?  Is it just pulled or pried off ?  

Thanks to all who contribute here.  Weather if finally good enough to work on these things.  Daryl

I believe the bezels will pop out if you pry them gently.  More than likely it's the bulbs.  If the bulbs are ok then check the ground...electrical ground problems and fiberglass cars go together.  If it's the bulbs, you can buy replacement LED bulbs...a whiter light, less current draw and less heat to yellow the lens.

Gunslinger, thanks .  The bezel does come off fairly easily on the ceiling lights.   On one light I found a missing bulb, and the other on the passenger side had a bulb.  On the passenger side, with a bulb, a few flicks of the switch produced a light.  The bulb in the now working light is a GE 1004.  Do you have a number for a replacement LED bulb ?  That seems prudent since the GE 1004 got quickly hot.   Thanks for your help.  Daryl

Gunslinger and all, I answered my own question on the LEDs.  I don't have experience with this website's products, but their website is quite useful.  Just plug in your car year, maker, and model and they give you the original bulbs , quantities, and replacement LEDs for your car.  You can also pick hues and colors the way it looks to me.  I have no idea about their price competitiveness. 

https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/led-vehicle-replacement-bulbs/