Front suspension rebuild?

Pat K

My 84 Avanti has 96K miles. I am told by my front end guys that the King Pin assembly is shot. Anyone refer me to a website where I might find all of the parts this job is going to take? Reasonable price would also be appreciated.

PK

Studebaker International has a complete kit including rebuilt king pins if necessary. I believe it is about $900 with the discount for purchasing the complete set. The other issue is the $500 core charge if you don't send in your king pins in exchange. I think SI is about as cheap?? as you will find them but Myers and Nostalgic Motors should have them also.

Bob

Guest dapy

Humor me. My (new) 1989 convert has "sport suspension" and torsion (added) bars front and rear. The ride is VERY stiff and the cornering very flat. How can I trade flat for stiff? Tires are fairly new and inflated 30 psi front and rear. How much lower could I go? Mostly bumpy city driving.

Humor me. My (new) 1989 convert has "sport suspension" and torsion (added) bars front and rear. The ride is VERY stiff and the cornering very flat. How can I trade flat for stiff? Tires are fairly new and inflated 30 psi front and rear. How much lower could I go? Mostly bumpy city driving.

dapy,

You have a completely different suspension. Try softer springs and shocks or an air suspension.

Jim Wood