Why?

James Bond

So....this may be a stupid question, I don't know how this works. How do you get the attention of the Association to put forth an idea. I would think, they would be monitoring the site, thus know the content. But what if this not the case? How do we go about it, and, realistically, would it do any good?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to the home page and at the bottom click on "The AOAI". It will list the President and board members of the AOAI. Make a proposal and ask that the board consider it. That would be far better than simply discussing it here. Make an official proposal...but I would suggest make more than the idea. Make a proposal with some specifics...what can be done an how to go about it.

Don't simply make a suggestion that "Someone" should do something. "Someone" doesn't much around any any organization, business or the government. Not trying to bust your chops but presenting a thought out plan gets better reception than dropping an idea and then walking away.

Remember...this is a somewhat small association. Everyone has lives outside of this so don't expect an answer immediately. Ideas have to be discussed according the rules of the association and can sometimes be frustratingly slow...no matter how good the idea.

I'm trying to get the association's attention and offering to participate (or lead) marketing planning and have listed the issues facing the organization with which I can assist. Asked if I was willing to serve on the board and gave a qualified reply. Maybe something will happen.

And, yes, board members should be here. This is how you respond to the interests of your constituents. I some other way?

Go to the home page and at the bottom click on "The AOAI". It will list the President and board members of the AOAI. Make a proposal and ask that the board consider it. That would be far better than simply discussing it here. Make an official proposal...but I would suggest make more than the idea. Make a proposal with some specifics...what can be done an how to go about it.

Don't simply make a suggestion that "Someone" should do something. "Someone" doesn't much around any any organization, business or the government. Not trying to bust your chops but presenting a thought out plan gets better reception than dropping an idea and then walking away.

Remember...this is a somewhat small association. Everyone has lives outside of this so don't expect an answer immediately. Ideas have to be discussed according the rules of the association and can sometimes be frustratingly slow...no matter how good the idea.

Understood, I'm not going half cocked here. I'm just trying to find the machinations in which present a proposal. I'm not going to the board and say "You guys should do something!" I just wanted to know how to access them. Now I know.

I'm trying to get the association's attention and offering to participate (or lead) marketing planning and have listed the issues facing the organization with which I can assist. Asked if I was willing to serve on the board and gave a qualified reply. Maybe something will happen.

And, yes, board members should be here. This is how you respond to the interests of your constituents. I some other way?

Very interesting! Please let us know if you hear anything!

• 2 weeks later...

Now as the colder months come upon us, I won't drive my baby so much, I wonder what I can do to advance our cause. My idea is to be a gadfly, a pain in the ass basically. My aim will be the association, getting them to increase their focus. We've preached to the choir too long...now it's time to wake up the public. If you of the association are monitoring this, please contact me. Perhaps we can put together a package that will not only energize we as owners, but will excite the interest of the car appreciating public. The ground is fertile...let's harvest it!!

What are the defined and measurable marketing objectives? What will be accomplished by energizing owners? What will be accomplished by increasing public awareness of Avantis? What are the next steps? What is the timetable?

I doubt that one can influence AOAI action unless he is a board member. What about the local Avanti chapter?

There are too few forum participants. This is not preaching to the 'choir'. This is whistling in the wind. So let's influence those who hold the purse strings with a PLAN.

Edited by dapy

What are the defined and measurable marketing objectives? What will be accomplished by energizing owners? What will be accomplished by increasing public awareness of Avantis? What are the next steps? What is the timetable?

I doubt that one can influence AOAI action unless he is a board member. What about the local Avanti chapter?

There are too few forum participants. This is not preaching to the 'choir'. This is whistling in the wind. So let's influence those who hold the purse strings with a PLAN.

Right now, we have no marketing objective, that's why we've been having this conversation. Energizing the hearts and minds of Avanti owners is obvious, ask any 'vette owner. They're sure enough proud of their cars! Though there have been millions made and as rare as dirt! What will be accomplished by raising the interest in Avantis? You're kidding me right? You know the history of the car. You know it's rarity. Once this enters the public conscience, and becomes lodged therein, that's when we get the recognition we deserve. Along with the worth it deserves! As far as the timetable, I can't say. I've only been in this conversation for a couple years. I'm sure it'll take time...that doesn't mean we can't give it a hefty boost!! As far as the timetable...there is none. No one can say. For as long as I've been on this site, no one has spoken of this matter. I may be wrong, tell me if I am.

• 8 years later...
On 5/19/2013 at 11:36 PM, plwindish said:

Unfortunately, "Polarizing" is exactly the term to use for Avanti's design. Being of the vintage to see the response of the public when the Avanti first came out, people loved them or did not care for them. I was in the loved them camp from the first moment I saw them on display at a Farm Progress Show in Morton IL in late September 1962 as a freshman in high school. I bought a 64 R1 in April of my senior year in high school in 1966. I sold the car in 1969 to get a 67 Chevelle SS396 and regretted it for many years, finally getting a 76 'II in January 2011. The past two years I've had a lot of work done on the car and have had a ball with the car. I'll probably hang on to the car until I stop driving. Time has certainly proved the value and timelessness of the car's design. The car outlasting Studebaker through various ownerships for over 43 years is a validation of the design. Please name any other car model that went back into production 2 years after the company stopped making them and continued on for the length of time that Avanti did.

(An Older Post From 2013)..........I was 'taken' by this statement...and I couldn't agree with it more....Frankly, it made me feel he was describing Me!!!!

VIVA AVANTIS!!!!!!!!!:)