Avanti Mockup!

mfg

Interestingly, the original Studebaker full size clay mockup of what was eventually to be called "Avanti" utilized whitewall tires.........True?

52 minutes ago, mfg said:

Interestingly, the original Studebaker full size clay mockup of what was eventually to be called "Avanti" utilized whitewall tires.........True?

The 1/8 scale clay model Avanti had blackwall tires.  The prototype Avanti (full size) had whitewall tires.  I am not familiar with the "full size clay mockup", but I will answer True.

56 minutes ago, studegary said:

The 1/8 scale clay model Avanti had blackwall tires.  The prototype Avanti (full size) had whitewall tires.  I am not familiar with the "full size clay mockup", but I will answer True.

True is CORRECT!:)....(I find it hard to believe that you're unfamiliar with the full size clay mockup, which was patterned after the 1/8 clay delivered to South Bend from Palm Springs..... The 'prototype' Studebaker Avantis came much later.....Ed.)

3 hours ago, mfg said:

True is CORRECT!:)....(I find it hard to believe that you're unfamiliar with the full size clay mockup, which was patterned after the 1/8 clay delivered to South Bend from Palm Springs..... The 'prototype' Studebaker Avantis came much later.....Ed.)

I know that it existed and the changes made in scaling it up.  I just didn't remember the tires.