Fuel Tank

Guest dapy

Were the gas tanks located in the same place as coupes, over the rear axle? I imagine the tank size was decreased in the convertible due to the top motor and some room for the top frame to go into that space. I understood the N & A Avanti's had a 21 gallon tank. I suppose the ever changing suppliers changed the sizes in the Kelly era.

My first convertible fill up took 13 gallons when the gauge was showing a little over half full, so I judge it has a 21 to 24 gallon tank. The owner's manual says convertible 15.1, but that must be incorrect and there is no other convertible specific information.

• 4 weeks later...

How many gallons in a 1989 convertible fuel tank?

My 1989 convertible has the larger (20 gallon) tank and the vin is close to yours. The last three being 508.

Thanks. 20 gallons is consistent with my usage experience so far. Are you # 508 or # 608? Send me photos of your convertible if convenient.

Dave Pyle dap8@comcast.net

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks. 20 gallons is consistent with my usage experience so far. Are you # 508 or # 608? Send me photos of your convertible if convenient.

Dave Pyle dap8@comcast.net

Sorry for the delayed response. been away. i'll send some pics to your email. MY vin ends in 508. I have it wrong in my profile. Edited by RickHC