R2 Air Bonnet

gmonte97@aol.com

If it is an R1, I believe that there is an adapter for size, but it would raise the stock air cleaner to the point of interference.  If it is an R2, that is a different story. 

If you decide to go with an old AFB top take a look at the 3721s.  These were about 62 thru 65 Chevy and Corvette carbs. They look very close to an R2 carb top, correct fuel inlet and no vent holes.They will have a 1518 casting number on top. It is almost identical to the top pictured on Bob Johnstones web page concerning R2 carbs. There is one small hole in the rear of the top you will have to address. The 3720s is also a possibility. I have not tried this but I have looked at these ( 3721s & 3725s Stude supercharged) side by side on my work bench and I believe the 3721s top can work with minimal modifications. You can find good photos of these on eBay so you can see what I mean. Good luck with your car and I hope this was helpful. John C.

Edelbrock  floats are smaller than the stock Studebaker floats, and don't have a problem with collapsing under boost.