Why Buy?

Guest dapy

What is the condition? How many miles? Has it been maintained? Fuel injected or carb? Have you had it on a lift to look under it? Any frame rust? Any leaks? What are they asking for it? Does your wife want it? How is the paint? Has it ever been a accident? Why is he selling?

Answers...Car is a strong 2; 64K miles: well maintained; carb; no lift here, but compression check today; no rust; wife approves; six year paint; no accidents; owner is moving with no space for this one. Perhaps you can tell me what it is worth...

Car is 1000 miles from me and I do not propose to personally look at it. Let's not pursue it beyond this. Reason I asked is to get someone's experience with this model year. It is a Cafaro car.

Far as I know that is correct. Will publish the VIN when/if the deal is done. What numbers of the VIN sequentially identify the car? Is a convertible worth more? What colors were available? How many convertibles in 1989?

dapy, I have the Cafaro 89 convertible since 1991, ..you should go look at it..The price range above sounds right for the convertible model. I see few for sale, more 87's than 88, 89's. How many convertibles built is a good question...I am not sure anyone really knows, all the guys who would have known disappeared, few if any records. I just replaced all the rubber on my vehicle (window wipes, door and lid gaskets, etc.). This car might need that too? If you want to talk you can call me at 847-370-4350

Michael,

Check is is in the mail and when the car gets to Houston i will be in touch. Send me photos of yours: dap8@comcast.net

Owner thinks there were ~100 1989 convertibles. Hard to tell from the AOAI Roster.