Continental Avanti!

mfg

30 minutes ago, mfg said:

A "continental kit" has never been installed on an Avanti automobile.......True?

I hope not, so I will say True.  With the shape of the bumper and the rear of the Avanti, it would be difficult, but not impossible if someone really wanted to do it.  The only one that I can think of that would do it would be Loewy and I do not think that his personal Avantis had continental kits.

Well, I sure agree with Gary when he says "I hope not........"!  :o

But I am going to say false. Here is my reasoning - you would not be able to prove that a continental kit was never installed on one of the many Studebaker Avantis, Avanti II's, etc that were built. So obviously you found one example of an Avanti with a continental kit installed. Looking forward to the picture. :) 

On 4/19/2020 at 8:05 AM, r1lark said:

Well, I sure agree with Gary when he says "I hope not........"!  :o

But I am going to say false. Here is my reasoning - you would not be able to prove that a continental kit was never installed on one of the many Studebaker Avantis, Avanti II's, etc that were built. So obviously you found one example of an Avanti with a continental kit installed. Looking forward to the picture. :) 

Sorry Paul, but I say NO WAY to such an installation....NEVER HAPPENED! (However, if you have a photo of such an installation, we'd all love to see it!:)....Please, no photoshop here!)

On 4/18/2020 at 11:05 AM, studegary said:

I hope not, so I will say True.  With the shape of the bumper and the rear of the Avanti, it would be difficult, but not impossible if someone really wanted to do it.  The only one that I can think of that would do it would be Loewy and I do not think that his personal Avantis had continental kits.

True is CORRECT here!:)

P.S. Gary.....if you don't mind, please post current 'tally' of Speedsters  in "Counting '55 President Speedsters" thread......339 existing.....17 parted.... as of 4/23/20....Thanks, Ed

Edited by mfg