Sign in to follow this  
Jeff G.

Needed: 63 rear 1/4 quarter window rubber seals

Been working on other cars and haven't been on this forum in a while.

So, to take people's temperature, what would be a fair price that people would be willing to pay for a pair of these seals? This information is necessary before even beginning a project to reproduce these seals.

Keep in mind this would be a small batch being produced because the demand in not high like a Chevy.

Some rubber items are available for Avantis but they are expensive. For example, a side mirror mounting pad is about $40 and headlight ring seals are $65 for pair. The vent window seals are much larger and more complex in shape.

Edited by Paul K.

SI catalogue lists them at $90 each. I am not sure if this meant each window or each set.

I guess it should be reasonable to request an estimate for how much a set would cost to produce and throw that number out. If one need the seals most will need both windows.

I for one. would be willing to pay more, if they were high quality, maybe up to $125.00 each considering inflation since SI last had any to sell.

Hi all, I am new to this forum but I share your grief in locating these window seals. Perhaps I can help someone out there in return for helping me. I have 2 new left side seals. I would be happy to trade one of these for a right side. Thanks.

I'm bumping up this topic as I and many others are still looking for window seals.

Anyone have any news yet ?

pb

Were the same seals used during the Blake years? If so, he would have had to have some molded. What became of the molds?

When Dan Booth bought all the old product and production was moved to Youngstown, did he end up with them?

Charlie RQB3921