1963 Studebaker Avanti

tbone63

I have a 63 project car for sale.Just recently pulled it out of a barn.It runs and drives.It has a 1967 327 chevy engine with turbo 400 trans.The original motor and trans was sitting next to the car.I have that it turns over but that is all i know about it.The previous owner had passed away and i bought it from the family.The car is going to need some frame work.The bottom of the frame is rusted in the rear after the axle right where the sway bar mounts.There is also another hole on drivers side just before rear wheel on the bottom of the boxed frame.I have pictures of these areas.I also have a copy of the build sheet.There is a crack in the fiberglass body below the bumper on pass side.The front calipers are missing and somebody had plugged the hoses.There is a 3 inch thick folder of paperwork that i received with the car.There is a story behind this car and you can judge for yourself.It was supposedly owned by Robert Kennedy.I have no official proof of this but in with the paperwork there are alot of notes referring to this.I tried to track it down also but cannot find anything.Maybe someone on this website knows about this.If you have any questions please email me at anticola67@verizon.net please include a contact number and i will call you.I tried post some pics but they are to big.Asking price is $4500.00.Thanks

Archived