64 r-2 value

calmar

I've had my 64 Avanti now for close to 20 years. It has been completely restored just short of a frame off restoration. Any idea what a fair asking price would be or where I can find what the going rate is for a pristine R-2?

Thanks,

J.

I've had my 64 Avanti now for close to 20 years.  It has been completely restored just short of a frame off restoration.  Any idea what a fair asking price would be or where I can find what the going rate is for a pristine R-2?

Thanks,

J.

only what someone is willing to pay for it .. an avanti sold on barret jackson this year @ $17500 and to me it didnt look pristine. good luck, i hope it worth alot more, i know mine is to me.....

only what someone is willing to pay for it .. an avanti sold on barret jackson this year @ $17500 and to me it didnt look pristine. good luck, i hope it worth alot more, i know mine is to me.....

Unfortunately, i agree... whatever the market will bear. i did do a search and came up with a site that projected a value of $25,000 +/-. I was hoping to get some real live figures from recently sold cars. I hate to let it go but i've kind of moved on to other projects.

Thanks for the reply.

J.

• 17 years later...
On 6/10/2005 at 10:51 PM, calmar said:

Unfortunately, i agree... whatever the market will bear. i did do a search and came up with a site that projected a value of $25,000 +/-. I was hoping to get some real live figures from recently sold cars. I hate to let it go but i've kind of moved on to other projects.

Thanks for the reply.

J.

In the past, and at different times, I've sold two Avantis thinking I was tired of them, and it was time to move on.....A few months after selling I'd start feeling that I was missing something....and I was....missing owning an Avanti!....and I HAD to find & buy one again!

I needed an Avanti 'FIX' !!!

I'm not sure what "Pristine" really means.  A number one concours car that is correctly restored should bring $100,000 plus because it will cost more than that to restore one that is in decent shape.  The problem is that there are very few, perhaps single digits, #1 cars.  There are collectors looking for them all the time, it takes some doing to bring the two together.  4 speed R2 cars bring a little more than automatics but not a lot.

Edited by Peddler

1 hour ago, Peddler said:

I'm not sure what "Pristine" really means.  A number one concours car that is correctly restored should bring $100,000 plus because it will cost more than that to restore one that is in decent shape.  The problem is that there are very few, perhaps single digits, #1 cars.  There are collectors looking for them all the time, it takes some doing to bring the two together.  4 speed R2 cars bring a little more than automatics but not a lot.

As Avanti fans age, automatics actually become a bit more desirable to some!!

If you go on the BaT web site you can search for all Avanti listings for the last two years. Each listing has a ton of pictures, good description. And a complete dialog between the seller and all those that commented. It shows all the bids and the final sale price. These are actual cars that sold, or that were for sale and didn’t meet the reserve.