Another Avanti almost ready for the road

GAWen

After spend 3 years and many, many a paycheck, the wiring fire is finally repaired. My Avanti is nearly ready to take to the smog station and have her made legal once again. I gotta finish installing the steering wheel and horns, bleed the brakes, and go down the highway. I just hope that the modified 350 will pass smog. George

What year is the Avanti George? Does NV ever exempt vehicles because of age? My 76 is exempted in IL because of age.

My Avanti, RQB-1600 is a 1971 model, with a slightly modified engine. Nv only exempts vehicles built prior to 1967. Just another way for the politicians to redistribute the wealth, from my pocket to theirs. Hell, if I were to move 42 miles west, into Calif. I would not need smog inspection. In Ca. anything over 20 years is exempt. However, Nv. does have a special smog exempt license plate that restricts you to only 200 miles driving per year.

George

. Hell, if I were to move 42 miles west, into Calif. I would not need smog inspection. In Ca. anything over 20 years is exempt.

George

Sorry George, your info is slightly off. Currently the cut-off is `76 or earlier are exempt. Originally it was to be a rolling 25 years or older but shortly after the exemption was made in 2001 the changed it to a fixed date. There has been an effort to push it to a later date but that failed (just like the rest of our state's governance).

Ken