Car Battery for Avanti II

jimc

Feeling a bit dense ... but, after using the wrong size battery in my 1982 Avanti II for years, I'd like to install the correct one. Calls to local auto part stores, even a search on the internet has yielded nothing. It's probably such a simple answer. Anyway, can anyone tell me what battery size the car was designed to hold? Thanks!!

Feeling a bit dense ... but, after using the wrong size battery in my 1982 Avanti II for years, I'd like to install the correct one. Calls to local auto part stores, even a search on the internet has yielded nothing. It's probably such a simple answer. Anyway, can anyone tell me what battery size the car was designed to hold? Thanks!!

Here is a car battery size chart. Measure the existing battery (or use a ruler to determine the dimensions that will fit on the battery tray) and do a reverse look-up in the table.

http://www.gglotus.org/ggtech/battery-bci/battery-bci-size.htm

RayK

If the battery has top post terminals, it's a group size 24. If it has side post screw in terminals it's a group size 74. Those numbers may be superseded now. Those are very common batteries, but as I said, the group size designation may have changed over the years.