1983 Avanti RBQ3756

Gaumer Process

It has come time that I part with my stewardship of this car. I have owned this car since Feb 2008 and received it with 72k miles it now has 96k miles. As the British would say it is a practical classic. It is an American Grand Turismo and is a reliable driver. The paint is not perfect, a scratch on the right rear bears the flesh wound of not watching the gate latch. The front end was painted by the previous owner after failing to negotiate the long front end properly into the garage . Rear bumper chrome is has 2 bad spots. The interior is ALL leather and a factory sunroof. The interior is in excellent shape save the bolster on the drivers side.

In my care I had to make it reliable for daily use or going halfway around the country. First thing to go was the original Jag E-type disc brakes up front, they would not stop you expecially in Houston traffic. This has the big brake kit from Steeltech with new rotors, calipers, bearings ect. With new Torque Thrust weels and tires have only 8k miles on them. This is a 5.0 (305) V-8 with the 700R4 transmission, with a rebuilt Rochester and new vacuum advance distributor with auto lock up kit for the transmission. Cooling is by an aluminum radiator I put in with a HD fan clutch and cools great on a 110F Texas summer day. A/C will keep you cool as well with new 134 compressor and condensor, bronze tint was also added to keep the heat gain down during the summer months. The cooling shroud has been sectioned to make access to belts ect easy. All hoses/belts, alternator, motor/trans mounts, shocks are new. Everything works. Included are spares which I have not installed yet such as a new power steering ram (cause the old one still works fine) and hoses. New door seals and sunroof seals, yes it sometimes leaks when it rains but I have not had the time to install these seals. New fuel tank sending unit installed and fuel hoses. K&N air filter element. It has a stainless steel exhaust system. Hog Troughs are in good condition. The transmission has an alloy pan with drain plug which holds 7 quarts. I can be reached @8322755941. Thanks David

post-8700-13010800591605_thumb.jpg

Archived