89 parts needed

ken1007

looking for courtesy light switch, and hinge for the console in between the front seats, for 89 model. Who has this kind of stuff, and what manuals would be good to have for this model. i'm new to avanti ? Ken

added information: Found hinge, when i looked for manual (s) I was overwhelmed by the number of manuls available, but nothing specific to 89 model. I'm used to (and like) the Studebaker type factory reprint manuals, "shop," "body" and "chassis". What i need is something specific to the Monte Carlo stuff on the avanti to include parts ID and repair specifications. Any recommendation?

Edited by ken1007

If your 89 is like an 88 the light switches can be replaced by universal style available at most any parts store. The console lides are GM "G" body and the hinge was just a crease in the plastic. The can be purchased on ebay and the lid itself is removable so it can be re-installed on the new plastic part. Or you can buy a short piano hinge and fix it forever.

ErnieR

looking for courtesy light switch, and hinge for the console in between the front seats, for 89 model. Who has this kind of stuff, and what manuals would be good to have for this model. i'm new to avanti ? Ken

This car is a Caprice (in disguise) so start with manuals for that. My '88 used 'off the shelf' courtesy light switches.