Round Headlight 64 Question

Luma

Over the years I have seen a number of true round headlight 64 (after serial number 4892) Avanti's and have a question for the experts. Did any of these cars have the extra air intake cowl on the left side near the windshield, hood top support on the right side of car and the standard battery size that was used on the square headlight cars? I always thought they built a 64 after August (63) but I think the had leftover 63 bodies that would get all the interior updates and other mechanical features of a true 64 rather then use a round headlight fiberglass nose on a 64 build. Even the Avanti emblem was in the higher position on the nose. A perfect example of what I mean is in this YouTube video. I'm also pretty sure this car has the 64 Style parking lights.

I have a transition body and it is essentially a 63 ie single vent, 3ee battery , hood prop on drivers side. Not sure of the higher front emblem but I will check when I see it next.

pb

No way!:o....If a Studebaker Avanti left the FACTORY with 'round' headlights, it also has the 3EE battery, driver's side hood support, 'high' mounted Avanti script, and no extra driver's side cowl screen.

PS......The Avanti in the video (beautiful car by the way!) definitely has the early '63 style parking lamps, as any 'round' light Stude Avanti would have.:)

Edited by mfg