bweryarryo

Bweryarryo

I'm still not convinced that an aftermarket one wouldn't be a good choice. While not OEM there's about 12 people in the world that could see the difference and it would have all new parts not ones over 50 YO. It should be pretty easy to connect as the Avanti's have a rag joint and the wiring terminates in a Chevy connector that could be adapted to about any harness.

They are available in billet or plain metal and some don't have the key in the column also.

As an owner of a shop that builds street rods and also an Avanti owner I am sure you can use a Flaming River tilt column. They are paintable and can be ordered in either a 2 inch or 1 3/4 inch diameter tube. They also make in diff lengths. The only issue is the spline is GM for steering wheel.

Summit Racing or Jegs should get you a Flaming River steering column...they also carry Ididit steering columns as well.  Compare the two and see which might be best for you.

3 hours ago, Bweryarryo said:

Thanks guys,wasjunk, can you tell me where to look for the flaming river one?

This should give you everything you need to know. You can click through the different styles to see there complete line and there are a ton.

https://www.flamingriver.com/index.php/products/c0002

Once you have found what you want, you can shop model and price to see if there is a better option. There are also a number of others that build/offer columns, Google is your friend here.

Edited by Avanti83

You can check with Flaming river online or feel free to call or message me and I will do what I can to help you. They can be modified to about any configuration or length to suit your needs. Parts for the rag joint can be  obtained also to help  if needed   Dave Carnock  d.carnock@carnockcreations.com Carnock Creations   Des Moines Iowa 515-265-0293