Nice custom touch for my 2002 Avanti...

Gunslinger

In August when I was at Corvettes at Carlisle, I saw a product that caught my eye...custom engraved brake caliper covers. The name of the vendor is MGP Caliper Covers. I contacted them and they make covers for a number of vehicles, including the GM F platform and '05 and later Mustangs (for the later Avanti owners). They were more than happy to make me a set using the Avanti script...aluminum, powder coated red with silver filling on the engraving. Different colors are available. Unfortunately, they don't make them for earlier Avanti's with the Monte Carlo chassis or for the GM calipers the Turner Brake Kits uses. It goes without saying the original Dunlop/Bendix design calipers aren't available.

Installation was simple...in fact the hard part by comparison was removing and reinstalling the tires and rims. The downside...not cheap...over $300 for the set of four. Regardless of that...they look awesome on the car. For anyone interested MGP's website is Caliper Covers.

Here's the look before and after...

Before caliper cover

With caliper cover

With wheel

Left rear caliper cover

Right rear caliper cover

Right front

car

• 3 weeks later...

Installation was simple...in fact the hard part by comparison was removing and reinstalling the tires and rims. The downside...not cheap...over $300 for the set of four. Regardless of that...they look awesome on the car. For anyone interested MGP's website is Caliper Covers.

Looks awesome. I have put 2004 Cobra disk's front and rear on my 63. And think seeing Avanti is a lot better that seeing Cobra. also really dress's up the rear.

100_4465.jpg

100_4551.jpg