Does anybody have a drawing for this part?

Zedman

Hello All-, I am preparing a replacement frame for my 1981 Avanti II but fear the "perches" indicated in the pic (not my photo BTW) are too corroded for re-use.

I don't have clear access to my own vehicle at present it's 60 miles away and I'm facing a bit of a time-crunch with the contractor helping with this job.

I have access to a friends' Avanti and tried to draw the parts but it's too difficult to do an accurate job of hole centres with so much clutter- I really tried !

Does anybody have a good accurate sketch of these parts that I can use to replicate them ?

Steve 47574800_10104982168242031_1099225153457356800_o.thumb.jpg.f9144efb94cb6523b9b8d0cd35a3a877.jpgRGB3269

Wow!....Big job!.....1963r2's recommendation would be the best. (if the NOS perches are indeed still available)

Otherwise, I'd go back to your template idea, which will get you very close to the correct 'box' shape of these perches, then worry about drilling the body mount holes after installing these fabricated  parts......I know,...easier said than done!!:o........Good luck with this!.....Ed

If SI or another vendor has them, that would be the best option (IMO).  To answer your question directly, since your Avanti is still on the Studebaker chassis, the SNM would have the drawings for the part.  

Thanks for the replies everybody- to be frank I caved-in and am looking at buying them in as well as a rear frame crossmember.. Considering I have an engineering trade background it pains me to have to not  be able to do this job, but I have a time limit on this project and another person is involved.

Thanks all-

Steve

I find it interesting that in the photo Zedman posted there is really no sign of where the tubular rear crossmember was welded to the 'perch'......This Avanti's tubular rear crossmember must have been missing for a long time!:o

3 hours ago, mfg said:

I find it interesting that in the photo Zedman posted there is really no sign of where the tubular rear crossmember was welded to the 'perch'......This Avanti's tubular rear crossmember must have been missing for a long time!:o

It looks like it is still there to me.