Tool Pouch Contents

Jim78

In 1975 I toured the Avanti factory, and never saw any tools installed in the tool pouches. Also, I've worked on several original owner Avanti's over the years and none of them had any tools when delivered from the factory. Basically, it is your choice what to carry in the pouch.

In 1975 I toured the Avanti factory, and never saw any tools installed in the tool pouches. Also, I've worked on several original owner Avanti's over the years and none of them had any tools when delivered from the factory. Basically, it is your choice what to carry in the pouch.

My choice, eh? Try as I might, I just can't get those Yuengling bottles to fit into the pockets.

Some of the high end cars of the day did include a tool kit. I guess that Avanti wasn't one of them. It seems odd that they would bother to include the pouch, but not fill it. Maybe there was a subliminal message that you would never need to repair the car!

My '82 had a screw/scissor jack handle and a lug wrench in the large pocket when I got it. You would think an upscale car would be provided with a few additional rudimentary tools (screw driver, pliers, and crescent wrench, at least). After all, the Model T Ford - cheapest car of all time - came with tools!! But, no, I suppose Avanti owners are not supposed to get their hands dirty. I keep a few tools back there - including a tire pressure gauge and a 12-volt air compressor.

When I bought my 73 Avanti II I did notice the tool pouch. The insides were just dusty so I had my choice of what tools to add. Over the years and many repairs later, I decided to use the tool slots as storage for rolls of $5's,$10's and $20's, and a few $50's.

Later on, I just added a check book inside the glove box vantiy draw.

Mark

When I bought my 73 Avanti II I did notice the tool pouch. The insides were just dusty so I had my choice of what tools to add. Over the years and many repairs later, I decided to use the tool slots as storage for rolls of $5's,$10's and $20's, and a few $50's.

Later on, I just added a check book inside the glove box vantiy draw.

Mark

I've heard of people putting a lot of money into their Avanti......but not literally.

I've heard of people putting a lot of money into their Avanti......but not literally.

Jim, you can not imagine how much I have invested. My 64R2 was perfectly and beautifully restored. Less than 2 months later and 4 car shows, while sitting at a light, a woman driving with her knee, putting on makeup and hand holding a cell phone ran into me while I was at a 3 lane stop light with 6 other cars. Best part, she had NO insurance. My company wanted me or insisted I use their shop for repairs, even though the owner did not want to do the work. So, another huge amount of money and a lawsuit to follow.