AVX

Pete

There's no real way of telling what an AVX might be worth since none have been on the market to set a value. There were only three (or six) made, depending on the source. Most believe only three were built...one coupe, one convertible and one T-Top. As far as build quality, it will take someone who has actually inspected one to give you an idea. They were built on converted mid-'90s Firebird chassis...most likely with LT1 engines. Besides the obvious differences (coupe, convertible, T-Top), there appears to be various detail differences between them.

It would be easier to find a 2001-2007 Avanti built on either the TransAm or Mustang platforms...somewhat under a hundred were assembled. Even there there's detail differences...my '02 doesn't have additional tail lights in the trunk lid...earlier '02s did. Mine has chrome "Avanti" emblems...some had blacked out script. All were more or less prototypes it seems, with various things being tried out.

There's no real way of telling what an AVX might be worth since none have been on the market to set a value. There were only three (or six) made, depending on the source. Most believe only three were built...one coupe, one convertible and one T-Top. As far as build quality, it will take someone who has actually inspected one to give you an idea. They were built on converted mid-'90s Firebird chassis...most likely with LT1 engines. Besides the obvious differences (coupe, convertible, T-Top), there appears to be various detail differences between them.

It would be easier to find a 2001-2007 Avanti built on either the TransAm or Mustang platforms...somewhat under a hundred were assembled. Even there there's detail differences...my '02 doesn't have additional tail lights in the trunk lid...earlier '02s did. Mine has chrome "Avanti" emblems...some had blacked out script. All were more or less prototypes it seems, with various things being tried out.

Hey Gunslinger,

I guess being the Avanti greenhorn that I am, I really meant 2001-2007 new body style out of Villa Rica,GA or Cancun,MX. What would you pay for one of those Avanti's? Buy the way, what sort of Guns do you fancy? I've been a lifelong Skeet shooter. Thanks for your reply GS

Pete

The market is somewhat slim on the 2001-2007 Avanti's since so few were built. This is just a guess but I'd say a price range of $25k-$40k for one in good shape and whether it's a coupe or convertible, supercharged, or in the case of the 2006-2007 models, V6 or V8. I could be way off in that price range as the market is pretty roiled right now, and Avanti's have never been a blue chip investment.

As far as guns go...I'm more into collecting these days than shooting. Actually, I'm in a selling mood...way too many that I don't or have never fired. I'm big into Colt handguns as well as Colt rifles and shotguns. Way too many Weatherby's. I'm also into M1 Garands, M1903 Springfields, an even a couple of 1941 Johnsons. Others as well, depending on how they interested me at the time. I'm formerly a law enforcement firearms instructor...taught handgun, shotgun and submachine gun. I shot competitively for a while as well, but rarely get to the range these days.

Hey Gunslinger,

Thanks for your reply and value estimates. I managed most of the large Gun Clubs in New England and the Greater Houston GC. When I ran the Hartford GC most of Colt and Smith's top gunsmiths were members. The Pres. of Colt approached me about using our range for Middle Eastern government gun sales.(these guy's were Lee Iacoca's men from Chrysler who bought Colt) Got to shoot the M-4 prototype before it was in the military's hands. I'm a smooth bore guy but this was a very forgiving gun for a trigger slapper. If you hear of a non-yellow colored 2001-07 Avanti worth buying please let me know!

Kind regards,

Pete