New to this forum with a quick question

GLENNON

I am almost ready to put my 63 R1 back on the road after a multi year restoration project. The state where I live requires a front license plate but I have not found a holder that will attach to the front bumper without requiring to drill holes.....I do not want to do so. Can some one suggest a  holder that I can get that would not require drilling into the bumper but would look good and be secure?

45 minutes ago, GLENNON said:

I am almost ready to put my 63 R1 back on the road after a multi year restoration project. The state where I live requires a front license plate but I have not found a holder that will attach to the front bumper without requiring to drill holes.....I do not want to do so. Can some one suggest a  holder that I can get that would not require drilling into the bumper but would look good and be secure?

Hi Glennon!......The easiest way to mount a front license plate on a '63 Avanti is to utilize the two holes at the front bumper's center which the bumper center cushion bolts through......Those holes are the correct distance apart to accommodate your State license plate.:)

Welcome Glennon

In Washington State one can license their older vehicle as a “collector’s vehicle” and only a rear plate is required, while the average vehicle must display front and rear. The collector vehicle classification does limit the use of the car-it can’t be used as a daily driver. Check your state regulations for how you intend to use your car  

Also, check this recent link.   Mike

http://aoai.org/forums/topic/15711-front-license-plate/