Pictures needed: 63 Avanti original interior

J Boyle

Hi...

Anyone out there with a color photo of a 63-63 Avanti with the "salt & pepper" red and black carpet in place?

Phantom just sent me a sample of theirs and it look awfully close to the sample shown on TheAvanti.com (photos taken from a sales order book).

So I'm considering getting the Phantom carpet after a couple of years of thinking I'd have to settle for an all black repro kit.

BUT, before I take the leap, could someone post an interior shot so I can see what it will look like?

I'm not 100% sure I like the red&black carpet...even if it is original.

• 1 month later...

I have an orange & black carpet I thought I would hate but realy like it now, it is a pain to install with all the strange pieces with insulation silver shining if not adjusted just right. I will try to post pic soon biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

Hi...

Anyone out there with a color photo of a 63-63 Avanti with the "salt & pepper" red and black carpet in place?

Phantom just sent me a sample of theirs and it look awfully close to the sample shown on TheAvanti.com (photos taken from a sales order book).

So I'm considering getting the Phantom carpet after a couple of years of thinking I'd have to settle for an all black repro kit.

BUT, before I take the leap, could someone post an interior shot so I can see what it will look like?

I'm not 100% sure I like the red&black carpet...even if it is original.

Did you ever purchase that salt and pepper carpet for your 63 Avanti? I'm in the process of choosing what carpet to go with...mine original carpet was salt & pepper.

I had the No 7 color scheme.

Thanks,

63 Avanti R2

• 4 weeks later...

Did you ever purchase that salt and pepper carpet for your 63 Avanti? I'm in the process of choosing what carpet to go with...mine original carpet was salt & pepper.

I had the No 7 color scheme.

Thanks,

63 Avanti R2

No I haven't bought any carpet yet...

The 8th posting on this SDC forum topic shows a piece of red & black carpet from a dealer book.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33090&SearchTerms=Avanti+carpet

The trouble is, it doesn't really match an example of the red & Blcak carpet shown on the "theavant.com" website. http://www.theavanti.com/combinations/ColorScheme6.html

The photo supplied by R2Andy on the SDC forum is darker than the one on the "theavanti" site.

For the red & black, I have three samples...one from Phantom, one from Stock Interiors and one from Auto Custom Carpets that all look virtualy identical.

I have another piece, (I think it's was from Phantom when I contacted them the first time...I lost my notes during a home remodel) that is a bit more dark red or cranberry than BRIGHT red like the other three.

IMHO, I rather like the darker red for an Avanti red car.

But I want it to be as correct as possible.

What do you think is correct..a bright red & black or a darker red?

Is it closer to the R2Andy sample in the aforementioned thread or the one seen on the avanti.com website?

I can scan and email a photo of both of my sample types to get an expert opinion.

HELP!!!

Edited by J Boyle

No I haven't bought any carpet yet...

The 8th posting on this SDC forum topic shows a piece of red & black carpet from a dealer book.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33090&SearchTerms=Avanti+carpet

The trouble is, it doesn't really match an example of the red & Blcak carpet shown on the "theavant.com" website. http://www.theavanti.com/combinations/ColorScheme6.html

The photo supplied by R2Andy on the SDC forum is darker than the one on the "theavanti" site.

For the red & black, I have three samples...one from Phantom, one from Stock Interiors and one from Auto Custom Carpets that all look virtualy identical.

I have another piece, (I think it's was from Phantom when I contacted them the first time...I lost my notes during a home remodel) that is a bit more dark red or cranberry than BRIGHT red like the other three.

IMHO, I rather like the darker red for an Avanti red car.

But I want it to be as correct as possible.

What do you think is correct..a bright red & black or a darker red?

Is it closer to the R2Andy sample in the aforementioned thread or the one seen on the avanti.com website?

I can scan and email a photo of both of my sample types to get an expert opinion.

HELP!!!

Definitely the darker red.

I ordered a darker red with a black tinge to it. It's called "Sunset"

It's darker then the seats and door panels.

After reading about your trouble and the the guy that is doing my interior trying to find a good match, I went with that. I got talked out of the all black carpet by my wife and the interior guy, among others.

Thanks for your help, J. Boyle, and good luck!!

Steve R

• 4 weeks later...

I did what you are planning last month. I used StockIneriors 2205 Red/Black 2205 Tuxedo Loop. I would suggest 4 yards. I did it with 3 yards but it was real close and mistakes can be eat up carpet.

• 1 month later...

I have an orange & black carpet I thought I would hate but realy like it now, it is a pain to install with all the strange pieces with insulation silver shining if not adjusted just right. I will try to post pic soon biggrin.gif

Is this a tangereen and black carpet? I am looking for that color. thanks Roland

avantir3@yahoo.com