A simple Question on fuse panel

Stormy

7 minutes ago, Stormy said:

Can you tell me exactly where to find the fuse panel or fuse block in my 1963 R1 ?   Thanks, Daryl

Should be under the dashboard, to the left of the steering column, just above the left kick pad.

open the door wide, lay on your back, wiggle and wiggle in with your head just about by the brake pedal, turn left and look a bit up, take a flashlight and probably wear a pair of glasses to protect your eyes and often stuff ends up just wear it should not

Mark

Thank you gentlemen.  I understand, now, why I did not see the panel when trying to find it.  Oh, it's so hard for an old guy to get that low, in that position.  Then getting back to one's feet is maybe harder.  

7 hours ago, Stormy said:

Thank you gentlemen.  I understand, now, why I did not see the panel when trying to find it.  Oh, it's so hard for an old guy to get that low, in that position.  Then getting back to one's feet is maybe harder.  

Oh, to be twenty again!!...Sigh!:rolleyes:

Georger, thank you for that. In addition, I did not explain how to get out.............that would certainly deter your enthusiasm to look for the fuses

Thanks, all.  This has been fun in sort of a cryptic way.  I'll think on getting down on my back and wriggling and wriggling.   Maybe my son will come by to help some day. 

I was 20 when a friend and I went to the closest Studebaker dealership in a neighboring town in Iowa.  The 1963s were out and one was on the lot.  It must have been an R2 as the speedometer went to 160.   The young salesman was eager to take us for a ride, so we got in.  Those Iowa roads were narrow and very hilly but the salesman seemed to want to show off.   When the needle got to 130 I was ready to get out, although invincible in most every other way.  I never forgot the ride and neither did my friend who came by my house 55 years later and told the same story when he heard I had an Avanti .

On a related subject, does anyone have a diagram of the fuse panel with labels for each fuse?   Daryl

Glen, you are sharing short cuts that takes the fun out of the wriggle wriggle, getting out is the next YouTube sensation