Sign in to follow this  
mfg

Granatelli Purchase!

!n 1976, Andy Granatelli purchased an auto parts distributor called 'Tune-Up Masters' for $100,000....he sold it ten years later for......?.......

1) $185,000.......2) $925,000......3) $5,775,000.....or.....4) $60,000,000

I don't know the answer but  my father owned Tune up Masters in Australia at one time.

pb

13 hours ago, 1963r2 said:

I don't know the answer but  my father owned Tune up Masters in Australia at one time.

pb

That's quite interesting!:)..........Do you know if Granatelli owned it at that time, and did your dad possibly have any correspondence with him?

9 hours ago, mfg said:

That's quite interesting!:)..........Do you know if Granatelli owned it at that time, and did your dad possibly have any correspondence with him?

My father bought it off a friend who started it up in the early to mid 80's. Not sure when Granatelli owned it, but if he did around that time then maybe there is some correspondence around. It changed names to Auto Masters in the late eights from memory, maybe Andy found out someone was using the name and not paying?

I will ask him the next time i see him.

ps Auto masters is still in business.

pb

4 hours ago, 1963r2 said:

My father bought it off a friend who started it up in the early to mid 80's. Not sure when Granatelli owned it, but if he did around that time then maybe there is some correspondence around. It changed names to Auto Masters in the late eights from memory, maybe Andy found out someone was using the name and not paying?

I will ask him the next time i see him.

ps Auto masters is still in business.

pb

That would be great!....In the meantime, how about a short story on your '63 Avanti?....Details, pics would be cool!:)

(Left hand drive--right hand drive?)

19 hours ago, 1963r2 said:

4) 60,000,000

And $60,000,000 is CORRECT!....WELL DONE!:D