Avanti Display!

mfg

10 hours ago, r1lark said:

The twentieth anniversary of the forming of what was to become Molded Fiber Glass company?

Great answer, but unfortunately not the correct one.:(

Anyone else?

Oh, how I wish it could have been a 'special' for Canada's Centennial celebrations that where held at Expo'67 in Montreal! 

(Of course, your answer is correct, as Avanti did almost zero marketing in Canada in 1967.)

According to Stu Chapman, had Studebaker still been manufacturing cars in Hamilton a year later, they would have had a display in Montreal at the 'Autostade', along with the (once) Big Three, AMC and Volvo, which later became a football stadium once the Expo festivities were over.  And Alfa Romeo did have their 'Montreal' show car concept in the Italian Pavilion.

Craig

2 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Oh, how I wish it could have been a 'special' for Canada's Centennial celebrations that where held at Expo'67 in Montreal! 

(Of course, your answer is correct, as Avanti did almost zero marketing in Canada in 1967.)

According to Stu Chapman, had Studebaker still been manufacturing cars in Hamilton a year later, they would have had a display in Montreal at the 'Autostade', along with the (once) Big Three, AMC and Volvo, which later became a football stadium once the Expo festivities were over.  And Alfa Romeo did have their 'Montreal' show car concept in the Italian Pavilion.

Craig

That brings back memories of working on a Montreal.  It was a nice looking car (at least for its time).  I am guessing that it was a black market car, because I do not think that they had normal sales in the USA.  

22 hours ago, studegary said:

That brings back memories of working on a Montreal.  It was a nice looking car (at least for its time).  I am guessing that it was a black market car, because I do not think that they had normal sales in the USA.  

No, it was the actual 'show car' that was commissioned by Bertone, specially for the event (hence its name) upon which all the production models were based.  I believe it wasn't until 1970 when they became available for sale to the public.  But that is correct, no Alfa Romeo Montreals were ever sold in North America.

Craig

For what it's worth ......The 1967 Avanti ll which was displayed at the Daytona Speedway prior to the '67 '500' was painted white with white Stude mudguards installed onto the front fenders!

Also, it was registered , with '67 Ohio license plates....."SV 962".:)

21 minutes ago, mfg said:

For what it's worth ......The 1967 Avanti ll which was displayed at the Daytona Speedway prior to the '67 '500' was painted white with white Stude mudguards installed onto the front fenders!

Also, it was registered , with '67 Ohio license plates....."SV 962".:)

Probably plates of MFG or the company's owner.