63 Avanti R1 for sale

mboag

For Sale 1963 Avanti R1.

Owned and loved by Robert A Barrett who passed away in October 2008. He purchased it in Whitefish, MT. in 1993. It was said to have been kept in a barn and not driven much prior to Bob's purchase. He kept it under cover and drove it periodically. It runs great.

The description and details are drawn from fairly detailed files and observations but are not by a car enthusiast so please ask if I've missed anything. Email question to mboag@earthlink.net. (I have spam blocker but do check my blocked email.) I can send photos back to you upon request. The car is currently in Ellensburg, WA.

- The engine is a 289 cu. in. V-8 with 240 horsepower and 4 barrel carb. (non-supercharged)

- The body has 94,605 miles.

- No rust

- 4-speed

- A/C, power steering and power brakes all work well.

- Silver exterior, probably the original Avanti Gray paint, needs repaint.

- Parts of the car has been replated inc bumper, head lite rims, & back up light rims.

- Comes with the repair manual, many 60's Avanti magazines, parts catalogs, misc. parts and literature, restoration & maintenance manuals, as well as repair invoices. Also includes a numbered & signed (signed in 1999) poster of the Avanti & Thomas Kellogg.

-Black interior is in really good condition. Carpeted dash.

- New tires & wheels (American Racing) in 2008 that have seen almost no mileage.

Serial #R4684-R1

Engine # 3189

Avanti car cover included.

List $13,500

Original dealer invoice available for Tom Sherlock Motors in Alhambra, CA. Reads as follows:

813 BKV

4 Speed TR Floor Shift

Tinted Glass w sun Band

Tinted Glass side windows

HD Springs F A R

Twin Traction

Man Steer 16 to 1 Ratio

Radio & ant

Rear Speaker

AC3289 L&R

Silent Muffler...etc. Total original invoice to dealer: $4002.46 dated 6/27/63.

INTERESTED PARTIES PLEASE EMAIL MBOAG@EARTHLINK.NET.

Archived