CARB BONNET

COOPER

There's a number of different carb bonnets available for the 5 1/8" neck of new carbs. The downside is I don't believe there are any that look identical to bonnets used by Studebaker. Do a web search on carburetor bonnets, supercharger bonnets, supercharger accessories or some other word combinations. I know K&N makes a bonnet as well as other manufacturers.

If you want original appearance, you may be out of luck without having one custom fabricated. There are some carburetor pressure boxes similar to the R3 style available. Vortech makes one for their blower kits and are made for Holley or Demon carbs linkages. Maybe an Edelbrock will work.

You might also log onto Edelbrock's Community Forum and see what is said there. I have seen discussions there regarding superchargers. Someone there should be able to give advice on that.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe you can remove the carb bonnet from the older Stude Carter AFB and put in onto the Edelbrock and then once covered by original chrome air cleaner cover it would look more stock. I think I remember others talking about something along these lines.