Avanti with 2-4 Barrel carbs and single supercharger?

smnorthdude

Hello,

I am looking at a old Avanti for sale. It has a motor with 2 - 4 barrel carbs and 1 supercharger mounted on the passenger side of the engine. It appears the supercharger has 2 seperate tubes going to the carbs, attaching to the top where an air cleaner would usually be. Is this stock? Or an aftermarket job? It appears 100% stock body and trim. Owner knows little about it. Don't know the year, but its an early model. Seller wants $5,400. It runs and drives.

I have tried to attach pictures to this posting but they are not showing up/email me at SMNORTHDUDE@yahoo.com and I will email any of you pictures of the car and the motor. Thank you.

Edited by smnorthdude

Hello,

I am looking at a old Avanti for sale. It has a motor with 2 - 4 barrel carbs and 1 supercharger mounted on the passenger side of the engine. It appears the supercharger has 2 seperate tubes going to the carbs, attaching to the top where an air cleaner would usually be. Is this stock? Or an aftermarket job? It appears 100% stock body and trim. Owner knows little about it. Don't know the year, but its an early model. Seller wants $5,400. It runs and drives.

I have tried to attach pictures to this posting but they are not showing up/email me at SMNORTHDUDE@yahoo.com and I will email any of you pictures of the car and the motor. Thank you.

Carefull, the car you discribe . Sold on e-bay a couple of days ago.for a bunch of money No it not stock. Never made one,

Karl

Carefull, the car you discribe . Sold on e-bay a couple of days ago.for a bunch of money No it not stock. Never made one,

Karl

Thanks for the heads up on this very potential fraud. If you go to the "Kansas City" Craigslist and type in Avanti, 3 pictures of this car will come up. The guy that called me back said it was for sale and he would contact me when he got back in town. He said "cash only purchase".

This is obviously some type of fraud.

Thanks again-

Thanks for the heads up on this very potential fraud. If you go to the "Kansas City" Craigslist and type in Avanti, 3 pictures of this car will come up. The guy that called me back said it was for sale and he would contact me when he got back in town. He said "cash only purchase".

This is obviously some type of fraud.

Thanks again-

Four Avanti "Jet-Thrust" engines were ultimately brought to market: R1, R2, R3, and R4. The R2 and R3 engines were supercharged. All except the R4 had one four-barrel carburetor and dual exhausts; R4's had two four-barrels.

Steve

That is the car that was on e-bay last week. It was up to $35,000 when they pulled it short of its expiration.

I checked it on the KC craigslist.

It is a R-1 and the guy put a different intake on it with two 4 barrels.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...