shock absorbers for R2

Vaaraz

Hello,

This is my first visit and my first message here. I am a french new owner of a 1963 R2.

First, I must say I am sorry for my bad english writting and my poor technical knowledge.

I bought my car to its (almost) first owner (he bought it to the Paris Studebaker dealer, in february 1965) and everything is 46 years old...

My mechanic is starting to work on steering, drive lines, suspensions and I need to decide what kind of new shock absorbers to buy.

I am not a drag racer but I don't plan to use my R2 just for cruising ! I've already bought HD sway bars, Turner brakes kits (front & rear) and will probably order

HD coil springs. What about HD gas shocks ? Are they not too much firm (even at low speed) or are they progressive enough to give a good confort

sensation for ladies transportation ? Can anyone give any recommendation on products and vendors ?

Thanks !

Daniel

Hello,

This is my first visit and my first message here. I am a french new owner of a 1963 R2.

First, I must say I am sorry for my bad english writting and my poor technical knowledge.

I bought my car to its (almost) first owner (he bought it to the Paris Studebaker dealer, in february 1965) and everything is 46 years old...

My mechanic is starting to work on steering, drive lines, suspensions and I need to decide what kind of new shock absorbers to buy.

I am not a drag racer but I don't plan to use my R2 just for cruising ! I've already bought HD sway bars, Turner brakes kits (front & rear) and will probably order

HD coil springs. What about HD gas shocks ? Are they not too much firm (even at low speed) or are they progressive enough to give a good confort

sensation for ladies transportation ? Can anyone give any recommendation on products and vendors ?

Thanks !

Daniel

Daniel,

Here is a website that has several .pdf files that will answer most of your questions.

http://sterkel.org/avanti/articles/useful_stuff.htm

If you'd like more info, I suggest to go to:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/

Join the forum and search for shocks or replacement shocks, there's quite a bit of knowledge in that group.

Good Luck!