Carpet supplier reference needed

J Boyle

Awhile back I posted a query about carpet and it led to some interesting discoveries about the colors of "salt & pepper" carpets in various colors of Avantis.

To make a long story short, I've decided to stick with black, but part of my original query remains, namely which supplier has good carpet (I don't know if they all get their from the same supplier or whether one is better quality or more authentic than another.

The usual suspects Historic, Phantom, S-I sell carpet sets.

Any one have personal experience or recommendations?

Also check Kanter Auto Parts. I have no experience with their carpeting but have dealt with them for parts in the past and found them great to do business with. They do list Avanti carpeting sets and trunk sets. Their website is <http://www.kanter.com>.

Awhile back I posted a query about carpet and it led to some interesting discoveries about the colors of "salt & pepper" carpets in various colors of Avantis.

To make a long story short, I've decided to stick with black, but part of my original query remains, namely which supplier has good carpet (I don't know if they all get their from the same supplier or whether one is better quality or more authentic than another.

The usual suspects Historic, Phantom, S-I sell carpet sets.

Any one have personal experience or recommendations?

Phantom has done my complete interior and it is of quite good quality and I am very satisfied. I went with the full black carpeting as that was standard with the Elk Interior..........they also have the Salt & Pepper available, but it is not the exact same percentage of white to black. I don't think anyone has the original correct carpet anymore. We have the seats recovered at this point, but nothing is installed yet(car is still at painters). They were the most expensive of all the vendors but most people I've talked to prior to choosing Phantom feel they are the most authentic. Hope this helped.........Oh, one additional thing..........Phantom does not typically stock interiors, they are built on order.......mine took about 3 months to complete.