Carpet suppliers...any recommendations?

J Boyle

While my car is apart for painting, I was thinking about going the extra step and replace the carpeting...(isn't that the way it always goes...might as well do this...and that..next thuing you know the restoration tab looks like the Pentagon R&D budget..:) ).

The usual suspects Historic, Phantom, S-! sell carpet sets.

Any one have personal experience or recommendations? I just need black

(or black & red "salt & pepper"...which I think is NLA..which is really OK with me).

I got my black from Phanthom years ago and was very satisfied. I would suggest, though, if your car was originally a red and black combo I would get that over black. You might decide to continue the your restoration and it would be ashamed to have to do the job a second time to install the original style carpet.

ErnieR

While my car is apart for painting, I was thinking about going the extra step and replace the carpeting...(isn't that the way it always goes...might as well do this...and that..next thuing you know the restoration tab looks like the Pentagon R&D budget..:) ).

The usual suspects Historic, Phantom, S-! sell carpet sets.

Any one have personal experience or recommendations? I just need black

(or black & red "salt & pepper"...which I think is NLA..which is really OK with me).

I got my black from Phanthom years ago and was very satisfied. I would suggest, though, if your car was originally a red and black combo I would get that over black. You might decide to continue the your restoration and it would be ashamed to have to do the job a second time to install the original style carpet.

ErnieR

The car has all black carpet and it very well could be original.

The interior is balck seats and lower sidewalls, fawn dash & upper sidewalls.

Is there a way to decode the build sheet for carpet color?

Did all Avantis come with S & P carpets?

If your VIN is lower than 4892 it's a salt and pepper and after is all black.

ErnieR

The car has all black carpet and it very well could be original.

The interior is balck seats and lower sidewalls, fawn dash & upper sidewalls.

Is there a way to decode the build sheet for carpet color?

Did all Avantis come with S & P carpets?

If your VIN is lower than 4892 it's a salt and pepper and after is all black.

ErnieR

Thanks, I didn't know that.

So Phantom does S&P?

I got some samples from SMS in Oregon, they have S&P but it's mainly red....I don't think I want that (it's a fairly bright red, not a good match for the exterior Avanti red..IMHO).

Is the correct S&P 50%-50% or mainly red or black?

I'm guessing the mixture for a black and fawn interior would be black and beige. The mixture was based on the interior color not the exterior. I have no experience with Phantom for other than my black carpet but I would start with them. Carpet isn't all that expensive and if they have it my guess is that it will be more "correct" than another source.

ErnieR

Thanks, I didn't know that.

So Phantom does S&P?

I got some samples from SMS in Oregon, they have S&P but it's mainly red....I don't think I want that (it's a fairly bright red, not a good match for the exterior Avanti red..IMHO).

Is the correct S&P 50%-50% or mainly red or black?

Edited by ernier