So far, so good...

Kennie B.

Well, my last day here in Birmingham AL.

I left Pasadena CA a week ago (Saturday) and drove across on I 40 and arrived on Thursaday for the vintage motorcycle races and festival the the Barber Motorcycle Museum puts on every October.  I conceed, it is a small affair, only 80,000 attendance!

So far Laurence has carried me across the better part of the USA, passing through; AZ, NM, TX, OK, AR, TN, MS and AL.  The return will add GA since Jerry Forrester' plating shop is rather close and only adds a dogleg to my drive up to friends in Mc Minnville TN tomorrow.  I haven't determined the details of my return from there but a dogleg north in NM will have me with cousins in Durango on my way home so I will be adding CO to the list of states I have driven this car through for a total of 12 besides my home state of CA.  The 2 additional are OR and WA last year going to the international meet in Tacoma.

Wish me luck getting home.  And Lew, I guess I will need to chronicle this for the magazine like I did the last time, there have been a few hiccups along the way...

Kennie B.