Avanti T-10!

mfg

Ed, I don't think there is such a thing as a Studebaker "input shaft support flange", at least not such a thing listed in the Avanti parts manual. <_<  It's ALWAYS best to describe a part accurately!:D

There is a "Flange, front, case" listed -  is this what you are referring to?  If so, the answer would be false, it's actually marked T85C-60.

Edited by r1lark

1 hour ago, r1lark said:

Ed, I don't think there is such a thing as a Studebaker "input shaft support flange", at least not such a thing listed in the Avanti parts manual. <_<  It's ALWAYS best to describe a part accurately!:D

There is a "Flange, front, case" listed -  is this what you are referring to?  If so, the answer would be false, it's actually marked T85C-60.

Sounds to me you may need to brush up on the 'ins & outs' of T-10 transmissions Paul!.....That is, if you truly feel that this flange does not lend support to the input shaft!:o...... (It's ALWAYS best to understand how a part functions Paul!:D)

However, you are correct in answering FALSE to this trivia question!:)

20 hours ago, mfg said:

Sounds to me you may need to brush up on the 'ins & outs' of T-10 transmissions Paul!.....That is, if you truly feel that this flange does not lend support to the input shaft!:o...... (It's ALWAYS best to understand how a part functions Paul!:D)

I'm not disputing that the flange lends support to the input shaft. But the correct description per the Studebaker Avanti Parts Manual is "Flange, front, case". I'm trying to answer the trivia questions using advice that you gave Gary and I a few weeks ago:  "In personally dealing with automotive parts departments and suppliers for more years than I can remember, I've learned how important it really is to 'nail down' the item I'm ordering... by using the CORRECT TERMINOLOGY."  :o :)

(As an aside, I have always called this piece the input shaft bearing retainer or just bearing retainer. And.........you do know I'm just picking on you Ed, don't you? :))

Edited by r1lark
add a little more info

55 minutes ago, r1lark said:

I'm not disputing that the flange lends support to the input shaft. But the correct description per the Studebaker Avanti Parts Manual is "Flange, front, case". I'm trying to answer the trivia questions using advice that you gave Gary and I a few weeks ago:  "In personally dealing with automotive parts departments and suppliers for more years than I can remember, I've learned how important it really is to 'nail down' the item I'm ordering... by using the CORRECT TERMINOLOGY."  :o :)

I see that you're still a bit 'miffed' because I had to correct Gary and yourself concerning his "bellhousing" answer to my AVANTI TRIVIA question.

Once again Paul, a clutch/flywheel housing OR a torque converter housing should not be referred to as a "bellhousing", as using that term may lead to problems if the wrong part were shipped to the customer.

Personally, I ALWAYS order Stude parts using the FACTORY PART NUMBER!:D

Edited by mfg