Trunk Carpet - source ?

BillyBob

I'm looking to buy some bulk black carpeting like used in '63 Avanti trunks.  Thoughts on a source, please.

I've looked at the SMS sample, and while close - it is "not quite".

Thanks, Bill

I've never found any that is an exact match. I bought some that I consider very close at Home Depot, of all places. It was on a large roll on a rotating device that held many rolls of floor covering, and sold by the running yard.

JB

On 9/21/2019 at 10:03 AM, Gunslinger said:

Do you want a pre-cut trunk carpet kit or simply the bulk material?  Kits are available from several vendors.

I want bulk material; purchase by running yard.  Thanks for asking!

On 9/21/2019 at 3:59 AM, JLBKY said:

I've never found any that is an exact match. I bought some that I consider very close at Home Depot, of all places. It was on a large roll on a rotating device that held many rolls of floor covering, and sold by the running yard.

JB

I pulled the carpet I bought out today as I was putting some parts away. Tucked inside the roll was the receipt.

Purchased in August of 2016

The SKU on the receipt is     000-423=714    6' carpet

6' Dayside Ebony Carpet 

I previously stated it was sold by the running  yard. The receipt leads me to believe it is sold by the running foot as I bought 10 , and I would not have bought 10 yards. $4.50 per foot and it is 6 feet wide.

Call Home Depot and ask them if they stock it. It is very close. to the OEM. Hope this helps.

JB

Don Simmons at Silvertone Exhaust Systems used to sell correct trunk carpet, but I am not sure if he still does.  try contacting him through his ad in Avanti Magazine.

Brad Bez at Bez Auto Alchemy also has patterns and correct trunk carpet.  His small ad is also in Avanti Magazine.

Many thanks to all!  I've got sufficient information to do myself some damage!  Good damage...local HomeDepot does not stock - it can be found on-line.  Now has different SKU.  See following,

Model#  MK22W180072S
$655/foot

To Mark, a few posts above - what an amazing story about all of your mishaps.  You are, without doubt, one who is not easily discouraged!

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered a kit.  Carpet piece over trunk latch is too wide, too short (latch to floor) and  too long (latch to trunk opening).  Make sense?  See photo.  Trunk floor parts have vinyl at spare opening sewn incorrectly - should be face-to-face, allowing loose end to be glued to spare well opening.  See photo.  Bring on the questions/comments...Bill

SI floor pieces.jpg

SI latch cover.jpg