Underbody Color?

attrite1

Body is off being prepped and I need to know what color the underbody of the Avanti was or if it was undercoated(factory or dealership) what type(s) were used?

Also same above applies to the wheelwells!

Don't want to HAVE to scrape off the old undercoating if I don't have to.

I think that the "Judges" should weigh in here, just in case you ever wish to show it off for points.

Here is what I know from crawling under my '63. It is "raw" fiberglass, some body paint over spray

and the typical '60s undercoat, a tacky brownish black. Not a very good job. Same in the wheel wells

but a bit thicker.

For my "Geek", I am planning on spraying Herculite truck bed liner over everything that I cannot

easily scrape loose. That stuff is tough, and a great sound insulator. Then, to keep to my "theme" I will overcoat with premium Tractor Enamel (silver).

Body is off being prepped and I need to know what color the underbody of the Avanti was or if it was undercoated(factory or dealership) what type(s) were used?

Also same above applies to the wheelwells!

Don't want to HAVE to scrape off the old undercoating if I don't have to.

OK "Judges" Still awaiting your reply? Anybody here pass this question on to your favorite judge? I assume they read this site and are interested in "formalizing" the Avanti in the market. Documentation seems to be the missing piece of the puzzle in this marque.

OK "Judges" Still awaiting your reply? Anybody here pass this question on to your favorite judge? I assume they read this site and are interested in "formalizing" the Avanti in the market. Documentation seems to be the missing piece of the puzzle in this marque.

I would take this over to the Studebaker Forum, they are very free with their opinions.... :rolleyes: