Odd Avanti!

mfg

Studebaker Avanti R4314 is somewhat unusual because it was built with........?......

1)  3 speed transmission......2) 'Avanti Black' exterior paint......3) No radio.....or.....4)  4 speed transmission with Hill Holder

r1 lark and 64studeavanti.....both of your answers certainly can be called correct.....however,  (and this is only my opinion), a four speed Stude Avanti WITH the factory Hill Holder option is the answer I would have picked!:o :)

11 hours ago, r1lark said:

To me the most unusual thing would be the 3 speed transmission, so I'll say #1.

1 hour ago, mfg said:

r1 lark and 64studeavanti.....both of your answers certainly can be called correct.....however,  (and this is only my opinion), a four speed Stude Avanti WITH the factory Hill Holder option is the answer I would have picked!:o :)a

Paul is correct. R-4314 was built with a 3-Speed and a Hill Holder.

67  3-Speeds were built in 1963, 18 with a Hill Holder.

404  4-Speeds were built in 1963, 154 with a Hill Holder.

63R4314xaoai156p14.jpg

1 hour ago, mfg said:

r1 lark and 64studeavanti.....both of your answers certainly can be called correct.....however,  (and this is only my opinion), a four speed Stude Avanti WITH the factory Hill Holder option is the answer I would have picked!:o :)

On 9/1/2019 at 12:58 PM, mfg said:

Studebaker Avanti R4314 is somewhat unusual because it was built with........?......

1)  3 speed transmission......2) 'Avanti Black' exterior paint......3) No radio.....or.....4)  4 speed transmission with Hill Holder

Since you specified R4314, I believe that Paul was correct.  How can you say four speed when I believe that R4314 had a three speed and your question was directed at R4314..  

9 hours ago, studegary said:

Since you specified R4314, I believe that Paul was correct.  How can you say four speed when I believe that R4314 had a three speed and your question was directed at R4314..  

Paul is CORRECT here!:)...R4314 was meant for ANOTHER trivia question!!:o