Still looking for 63 or 64 Avanti R1 or R2--Expanded area

jstock46

Wanted: I am located in Tampa, FL and searching for 63 or 64 Avanti R1 or R2. Prefer location in the SE or SW area of the country, but can travel further. The Avanti must be original and with non-rusty frame and hog troughs. I have previously owned a 41 Commander and 63 Avanti R1 as well as other Studebakers and Packards over the years. I am patient and do not need to buy a car quickly, so as you hear of cars for sale, keep me in mind. I am looking for a "driver" rather than a show car. Prefer a car that can be driven immediately. My price range is between $7 K and $13 K. If you are aware of a car for sale, please provide contact information and any specific details you have about the car (mileage, condition of engine, interior, suspension, replaced parts, etc.). Thanks for your help. I have maintained an inventory of Avanti parts from years ago when I lived in South Bend and they were still making Avanti II's. Had to sell the R1 to help pay the down payment on a house and have missed owning it ever since. I had the hog troughs replaced at the Avanti II plant and don't want to go through that process again; hence my requirement for a non-rusty frame and hog troughs. Kept up my SDC membership for some time after selling the R1 and have a large number of Turning Wheels which I still enjoy reading. Contact Jim with any information you have on a Studebaker Avanti for sale.